Better Schools; Better Communities; and Better Futures in Christ
Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust is a fast-growing multiple academy trust that will comprise 34 primary and secondary schools by the summer of 2022.
Formed with the merger of the Northern Saints and Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Education Trusts in April 2020, the schools have a rich Catholic heritage. Many serve former mining and shipbuilding communities based in the towns and villages of East Durham; the metropolitan borough of South Tyneside; and the city of Sunderland.
The community of Bishop Chadwick is a living body made up of many parts. The academies within the Trust work collaboratively to achieve cohesion without uniformity, recognising that each one is a unique community.
Schools are at the heart of local communities and Bishop Chadwick’s academies provide the opportunity to achieve academic excellence, contributing hugely to the development of their communities to show Christian value to all.
We are focussed on ensuring our schools will be consistently viewed as high performing; our pupils will achieve higher attainment and rates of progress than is the average in other schools, both regionally and nationally. We will ensure pupils are fully prepared to take their next steps into education, employment or training.
The curriculum in our schools is diverse, engaging and challenging. We want our pupils to gain core knowledge, understanding and skills to achieve success and make a positive contribution to society. Individual schools are committed to developing their own policies along with their own unique curriculum based on many shared principles. ‘Christ at the Centre’ is held at the core of our curriculum vision.
Our family of schools promote Gospel values and behaviours while ensuring the Catholic ethos is evident and open to all who enter any school. Schools model Gospel values to unite society by promoting a citizenship rooted in a commitment to social justice and the common good.
To ensure that the children and young people in the schools receive the very best educational opportunities and life fulfilling experiences, Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust is led by a strong and effective Board of Directors who collectively support and challenge their schools to achieve excellence.
Our hardworking and dedicated staff are constantly encouraged to improve through their engagement in professional development and career progression. By the summer of 2022, colleagues across the Trust will be committed to the philosophy of ‘one spirit, one community, one team.’
A strong central services team within the Trust works closely in partnership with colleagues in each of the schools to ensure policies and procedures are harmonised, consistency achieved and the benefits of working as one body can be realised.
The education philosophy of the Trust is based strongly on partnership where home, school, parish and the wider community work closely to enable everyone to fulfil their God given potential. Every pupil, member of staff and parent is an equally valued member of their community.
In working towards this, everyone is encouraged to fulfil their potential. The values we promote are:
- Excellence: Achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Respect: Created in the image of Christ and treated with equity and fairness.
- Gifts: Support and encourage all members to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Community: One spirit, one community, one team.
- Celebration: Recognition and acknowledgement of all our successes.
- Aspiration: Supporting people to be the best they can be, ensuring that the needs of every individual are met.
In meeting these values, the Trust passionately believes that every person should have the opportunity to become the best version of the themselves and by working in partnership they can achieve great things. In doing so, the Trust mission of Better Schools; Better Communities; and Better Futures in Christ can be achieved:
- Schools in the Trust will support and challenge each other, knowing that “getting better never stops” so that every child in all of the schools is able to excel;
- Local communities will view the Trust as a source of aspiration, ambition and support, particularly those who are disenfranchised or vulnerable;
- By inspiring learning, togetherness and excellence through education, with the ethos of Christianity shining through, the Trust has strong aspiration for the futures of all
CEO Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust