Spend a week at Minsteracres following in the footsteps of the Northern Saints such as Aidan, Cuthbert, Oswald, Hilde and Bede. Find out about their spirituality and motivation, early Celtic spirituality and visit the iconic places where they lived out their faith. Includes visits to Holy Island, Bamburgh, Durham and Hadrian’s Wall.
- Monday 22 May: Arrival, welcome and introductions.
- Tuesday 23 May: Holy Island and Bamburgh with associations with St Cuthbert, St Aidan, and St/King Oswald.
- Wednesday 24 May: Whitby associated with St Hilda and the Synod of Whitby. Visit to the remains of the Priory including the Priory museum.
- Thursday 25 May: Jarrow Hall/Bede Museum and St Pauls associated particularly with St Bede. Followed by visit to Durham Cathedral with associations particularly to St Cuthbert and St Bede. Opportunity to visit new Monastic museum.
- Friday 26 May: Visit to Heavenfield, site of the battle associated with King Oswald on the line of the Roman Wall, and Hexham Abbey with associations to St Wilfrid.
Please bring suitable clothing for the outside visits in case of poor weather and if you have one a bus pass (for the visit to Durham) and membership of English Heritage (useful, but not essential for Holy Island). There will be a modest charge for the Jarrow Hall Museum (about £5) and although there is no fixed charge, it is now difficult to enter Durham Cathedral without a contribution! Also there is a charge for the Monastery Library Museum, if visited.
For more information email or call 01434 673248.
Click on the button opposite to register online or scan the QR code below: