Running from Friday 19 to Sunday 21 May and responding to Pope Francis’ call for ongoing formation for married couples, this retreat will ground couples in the Church’s vision of marriage as an icon of Christ and His Church, strengthening their sense of the supernatural and ecclesial dimensions of the marital vocation.
Take time out to discover the value that the Church places on human love in the marital covenant, and its significance as an icon of the love of Christ for His Church. In a society that continues to experience high failure rates in marriages, the Church’s Sacrament offers a foundation for the possibility of a lasting and loving covenant, built on an authentic understanding of masculinity and femininity.
The retreat will address the following themes:
- What does our culture today say about the human person?
- God’s plan or our plan? The meaning of human nature and love
- The Rupture between the Sexes: Original Sin and its consequences for relationships
- “A Great Mystery”: Man and Wife as an image of Christ and His Church
- Masculinity misconstrued: A Christian model of manhood
- Equality in difference: Building an authentic femininity
More information can be found on their website by clicking here.
Download or view the poster here.