Bishop Robert has announced the Year of the Eucharist will be celebrated in the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and will be launched during Mass at St. Mary’s Cathedral on Sunday 17 October 2021, simultaneously with the launch of the Synod.
The aims of the Year of the Eucharist are:
- To celebrate the Eucharist at the heart of the life and mission of the Church and to gather people back.
- To grow as a Diocese in our love and appreciation of the Eucharist.
- To deepen our appreciation of the liturgical celebration of the Eucharist through the rites.
- To revitalise and renew our faith through a deepening prayer and devotion of the Eucharist.
- To go out and serve the world through the nourishment of the Eucharist.
The Year of the Eucharist will be celebrated in Episcopal Areas, Partnerships, Parishes and Schools and will provide a framework of prayer for the Diocese’s participation in the first stage of the Synod.